Saturday 5 July 2014

Be your own inspiration!

I'm literally getting sick of seeing 'spiration' pictures all over the internet & media. It seems every where you look now there's a photo of a slim, perfectly toned & amazing looking models pasted all over & being tagged as inspiration. This just makes people like us think 'Why can't I look like that?' & feel unhappy about ourselves.
Firstly those models don't even look like that in real life. After all the make up, hair styling, pamper treatments, perfect lighting etc there is the photo shop. I'm sure you wouldn't even recognise them stood next to the own photo of themselves! So for us to aspire to look like that is virtually impossible & will only set us up for failure & heart ache. Secondly we all have very different body types. To look at a naturally slim 6ft model when you are a naturally curvy 5ft 2 wishing you looked like them will again set you up for failure. Similarly being a naturally small build & looking at someone curvy with naturally big boobs, bum & hips is only going to upset you as you can't healthily or without surgery grow massive boobs. We are all different shapes & sizes; but we are ALL beautiful in our own unique ways.
I used to look at all these 'spiration' photos & think that's what I want to look like! Being 5ft 3ish & having natural muscles & curves then looking at Victoria Secret Angel models trying to look like them is just laughable. No way was I ever going to look like that. Now I am finally starting to accept my body & embrace it's natural figure. I am naturally curvy & easily develop muscles so instead of looking at my muscley/toned thighs & thinking' Ugh thunder thighs!'; I'm now embracing them & thanking them for being able to take me places, give me the strength to lift heavy weights in the gym, run in the countryside, swim in the sea, help me climb trees, simply just walking up stairs etc. All these simple things many people aren't able to do for various reasons so instead of hating them; I'm singing their praises & no longer taking them for granted.
We should all learn to embrace our natural figure. Instead of fighting agains a losing battle, just work on improving yourself rather than wanting to be someone else.
I started off looking at 'thinspiration', 'fitspiration' etc photos to give me my motivation to recover but it was only making me jealous of their 'perfect' bodies & setting me back. So I went through my old photo albums & found old photos of me. When I was healthy & happy; actually enjoying & loving life. This is what I wanted to be like; not a fake photo of a model. I wanted to be me; Stephanie Plowman. So I took all the photos of myself & my family/friends on vacations, family occasions, christmas etc & used them as motivation. Now whenever I want a kick up the ass I look at them instead. I see happy, healthy, Steph; I want to get my life back.
It's not only about image, but everything that comes with being healthy again. Instead of worrying about how your thighs look on the beach & hiding away; get them out & go swimming & play in the sand. Instead of avoiding a social situation for embarrassment you look to 'big'; go shopping & find yourself the perfect outfit that showcases your curves to perfection then go & wow everyone. Walk in with confidence becuase you look amazing. Don't let yourself miss out on these memories & enjoying yourself as you will only regret it! Imagen thinking in your last minutes; 'I wish I'd done all these amazing things & hadn't missed out on creating the best memories.' Enjoying life rather than worrying about mundane things like your stomach or thighs. You only take memories with you when you pass, you think when you're going to be able to take those 'perfect' legs with you or that 'perfectly' perky bum? No; they're going to fade as you get older anyway & life is more than just looks. I'd rather have my health than an unnatural thigh gap any day!










 (All photos are pre-ed)

So be your own inspiration. Gain your health & your life back. They are WAY more important than looks.

Love

No comments:

Post a Comment